Thursday, April 30, 2015


What is in the way…

 Today, as a college student, there are several things in the way that keeps me from leading a life without stress and worries. The first one of those things is money. I know money does not make happiness but it contributes to it. And by money I mean pay for college. Last year, I was an exchange student and my first plan was to go back to Belgium and study marketing and management. But my plans changed completely and I decided that I really really, really wanted to come back over here and study video production. So I started looking up at some colleges… God I realized I needed to be rich to get an education over here. It was so crazy to think that! Over in Europe, you need only $1,000 to go to college and have dorms! But here it is just enough to pay your books! I could not believe it! I still convinced my parents that I would work hard and I would do my best to get scholarships… which is hard being an international student! There is a lot of competition!  As a college student, I have now a lot more financial responsibilities than before. I have to pay for my car, my gas, my rent, my food while my parents can still afford my needs for college. But I know that oce I will transfer to MSU it will be totally different! I will have to help my parents to pay for my education if I want to keep studying here in Missouri. It stresses me out to think how much I have to save, how many sacrifices I have to do to have enough money to afford MSU. It sometimes destroy my mood and ambition. On top of all of that, I have a girlfriend. Haha! I can assure you that it is hard to save up money like that… But she is the one who encourage me and I’m so thankful to have her.

Image result for money

No comments:

Post a Comment