Thursday, April 30, 2015


Point of view

I think stress affects everyone. There is two kind of stress. There is the positive stress called Eustress and the negative stress called distress. Like said in the video, there is a pretty big difference on believing that stress is bad for you or not. Personally I can be stressed for college or also for some financial reasons. It is something usual among college students. But I can also be stress when I am about to do something really exciting. I think being stressed in some occasions can be good because it gives us adrenaline! It is when you have an exciting feeling about something but your stomach feel super tight. I had this exact sensation when I went skydiving for the first time, or when I took the plane for the very first time too. The symptoms of stress are pretty easy to determine and I think that believing that stress is either good or bad for us has a pretty big influence on how it affects or physical and psychological response. I think stress can be good, but only if we can control it and no feeling stressed all the time.

 

I have a conflict with my roommate’s dog. My roommate works from 6.30 to 3pm every day and I have school. So the dog usually stays inside all day long. And when I come home, that dog gets crazy and cannot stop barking all the time. He follows me around until I finally ask him if he wants to go outside. As soon as he hears this word OUTSIDE. He definitely gets crazy. Anyways, I put him outside. But 30secondes after he did what he needed to do, he already wants to come back in. Well, at the beginning, I used to let him and quickly realized that it the game was not over. I had barely closed the door that he decided to run everywhere and bark at me again. I put him in and out every 5 minutes. (if not he would just pee on the carpet or in my bed).

 

I told my roommate about it and tells me that I just need to put him outside when I get home. That is what I do!! So now what? He tells me that it is just a dog and I should not make a big deal about it. Well, let us see if having dog pee on your blankets will help you to think a little bit more about it. Before going to school, I lock the dog inside my roommate’s room. Oh god. When I came back it was a terrible mess. My roommate never talked to me about it, he probably didn’t know if it was me who locked the dog inside or if he just forgot to let the door open when he left for work.
 
 

 So now I just resolved the problem. I just put him outside and let him there until sunset. He is tied to a tree and so cannot escape anywhere. Other dogs comes around and try to play with him.  But he is very unsocial. That makes me laugh. He doesn’t like it. But at least, he doesn’t get crazy and pee everywhere anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment