Thursday, April 30, 2015


Grandma’s house

The ghost, Breakfast & dinner, Sheep.

My grandma’s likes to keep her groceries in her basement. Nobody knows why. That is something she has always done. Since my sister, two brothers and I were little, we have been used to go to her house every Wednesday to have dinner together and every Saturdays for breakfast. The funny story is that we are big Coke drinkers in my family. So every time we want something to drink, one of us has to go down in the basement and grab whatever we want. Nowadays, being older, it is not such a big deal anymore. But when we were little, my siblings and I used to play rock, paper, and scissor to decide which one of us had to go down in the basement. We were scared of this dark and cold place. Strange noises would make us scream to death. We always told stories about a ghost living in the basement. We called it the Courli. So anyway, no matter if we were the one chosen to go down, we would argue indefinitely, which used to lead all 4 of us to go to the basement together. We were so scared but it was always a fun adventure. Sometimes, my grandma would wait for us to get down, then would turn the lights off for a second. She would scream and say:” Come up here quick! The ghost is down there” , and we would run really fast up the stairs the laugh really hard together.

No comments:

Post a Comment