Wednesday, April 29, 2015


Fear

 It was two summer ago, in Belgium. The sky was clear, sunny, no one cloud at the horizon. It was going to be a very warm day. I just got out of school. Finals were hard but I was feeling proud. I work non stop for two weeks. I had a few days left until graduation. My family and I decided to go shopping. After a 45 minutes drive, we arrived to the mall. To access it, we have to park in an underground parking lot. We climb a few stairs and get in the middle of a huge square. The center of the open sky mall. There is a lot of people there. Mostly college students who just got done with their finals too. Busses are coming and leaving all the time. We enter the first store. It was a shoe store. Me, not being a fan of shoe shopping, I decide to stay outside. I order an ice cream at the shop in front of me then come back and lay against the window of the store. I see a huge group of birds taking off from the square. Someone screams. Then I can hear a loud noise, like a detonation. I heard a second one, then a third one. Windows are blowing up into millions of pieces. People are screaming. Then I hear gun shots. A lot of them. I’m trying to understand what is happening. People are running everywhere. Some of them tell me to run, hide, call the police.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment