Thursday, April 30, 2015


Fabular

 I am about to turn twenty. In 20 years, life taught me more than I ever imagined it could. And one of the most memorable lesson I got in life is that bad events have to happen to make us take the right way. I often feel like nothing is going right or like the way I want to. Then, looking back at what happened, I realized that if things had happened the way I wanted, some fabulous thing that happened to me afterwards wouldn’t have happen. Let me give you an example. When I first decided to come as an exchange student here in the US, I never decided to come to Missouri. I did even know about that state!! All I wanted was to go to Florida or California! The beach, the storms, hot weather all year,… As A European, those two states were the American Dream. Did I go there? Nope! Because I didn’t get to choose where I wanted to go. It’s a host family who had the choice to pick me. And one of them from Seymour Missouri made that choice. I am so thankful I had to be there! Small town, but people became like a huge family. I discovered American school, churches, celebrations,… my life changed completely! On top of that I got to make those two guys who became my best friends and who pushed me to come bah here and go to college with them! On top of that, I met the love of my life (well … I think!). She also had a big part in pushing me to come back here! We have been together for 16 months now, I am going to college here in Springfield, I study what I always dreamed of: Cinema, I have my apartment, my car,…. Life is pretty much perfect! I am far away from what I expected. But I’m sure I couldn’t have been happier than I am today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment