Friday, May 1, 2015

Final Blog Posting


·         Which in class writing was your favorite? Why?

·         Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why?

·         Review all your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why?

·         If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why?

·         What did you like best about this course?

·         What did you like least about this course?

·         What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over?

·         What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester?

·         What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course?

·         You begin this course with an engagement and participation score of an A.  Attendance, participation in activities and group work help you to maintain this grade.  Evaluate yourself and assign yourself a grade for the in class portion of this course.  Don’t forget the reasoning behind your self assigned grade.

 

 

This semester I wrote a couple things about happiness and those were probably my favorite. One of my essays was titled “Smile and just be famous” and when reading this essay today, I still totally agree with the fact that a smile can make my day! Smiling is communicative and it shows people what kind of mood you are in. I mean even if you are having a bad day, don’t see everything red and decide that the world is against you. I don’t. I just smile and try to think about something else to feel better.  Writing about happiness made me realize how easy it is to be happy in life, even with simple things. Happiness is accessible to anyone at any time.

My least favorite writing was the one about “What is in the way…” I talked about money and how it is financially difficult as a student to survive and pay bills, afford college, pay for gas, food, and all those things we wish parents were still buying for us. I just hate talking about my financial situation right now because I do not and cannot have a job this year, since it is my first year as an international student (Thank you US government).

While reading over my writing chronologically, I noticed that I expend my vocabulary a lot. I mean WOOOW. I found ways to express myself differently and more specifically. I also started using synonyms so I could sound less repetitive. Free writing definitely helped me improving my English level and also expressing more precisely what I wanted to write.

If I had to change one thing, that would be my grammar obviously,. As an international student whose native language is French, it is not easy to think, translate, write and be grammatically correct and a totally different language than my own.  But still, I would like my grammar to improve so that I do not make (basic) mistakes all over my writings.

What I like the best about this course was our free writing. At first, I thought my English class was going to be a bunch of grammar and vocabulary exercises, a lot of book analysis,… But no! Instead we had the chance to express ourselves through personal free writings. I liked the idea of sharing most of our writing with our classmates and also the group activities we had. This class was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. There is nothing that I did not liked. I learned new things every day.

I think I took a few weeks to really decide to put myself into those free writings and try to improve my writing style. So if I had to do it over, I would start working hard at the very beginning of this class.

I learn about myself that I was a lot more mysterious than I appear. Writing those free writes made me discover myself more deeply about the ways I can see things and how I can express them to my audience.

NOT MISS ONE DAY OF CLASS. Ms. A is an awesome teacher and one semester of class goes by fast. There is no reason to be absent or skip class!  
If I had to assign myself a grade for this class I would give me an A. I think I only missed class once in the winter because the roads were very bad. But besides that I have never been late and I always try to give the best of me in class and to my best in the writings we had to do. I always tried to improve myself in my writings class after class by expensing my vocabulary and, even if we did free writings, I tried to improve my grammatical skills as well

No comments:

Post a Comment